This program is designed for adults with Diabetes who want to learn how to manage their diabetes. Those with Pre-Diabetes will also benefit from the information.
The workshop will help you control your Diabetes so it does not control you.
This program provides the tools needed to better manage diabetes including:
• Meal planning, carb counting, reading nutrition labels
• Physical activity
• Blood sugar monitoring; normal, low & high blood sugar; how to avoid the extremes & what to do for hypoglycemia
• Sick Day Guidelines
• Foot Care
• Tips for dealing with stress
• Working with your healthcare providers
• How to set small & achievable goals